When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see a face full of smooth, glowing skin? Or do you see a face riddled with dry, flaky, inflamed acne? Let us hope it is the former. If not, it could be scary sight for you if your face is surrounded with acne and pimples. People who have problems with acne have low self esteem and broken confidence to face the world. Just a simple pimple can prevent a person from leaving their house for a few days. Do not feel defeated because there is a remedy to revive your beautiful skin again. That is why the best face wash for acne is necessary as a daily routine to achieve the best appearance in the crowd.
Best Face Wash for Acne : Easy Step
For people who have a problem with acne, more effort and time is needed than the average individual. There are hundreds of acne products and cleansers out there but before understanding what is best suited for your needs, you must fully understand how to wash your first in the first place.
- 1. Washing your face is done in a few easy steps. The first thing to do is to wash your hands thoroughly with soap to remove all the dirt, grime and oil. Dirt, grime and oil build up on the skin contribute largely to acne.
- 2. Next, use warm water and splash on your face. Warm water opens up your skin pores and allows elimination of dirt and oil build up. Then pour a small amount of cleanser or soap in your hand and rub on your fingertips.
- 3. Use your fingertips now to rub on your face in small circular motions. Do this for about 1 minute. After this, use cool water to completely wash off the soap from your face. Cool water closes the pores. Get a clean towel and pat on your face until dry. If available, apply a small amount of toner using a cotton pad in gentle upward strokes.
- 4. Finish off by utilizing a “non-comedogenic” moisturizer which is a substance that prevents your pores from clogging. This will stop your skin from dehydrating and promote a healthy look. A thorough washing helps to remove dead skin and dirt that exist on the exterior of your face. This is the best face wash for acne. Once this is done, whatever acne medication that you have purchased will be able to work its magic.
Men and women of all ages are affected by acne. However, acne breakouts are most abundant during puberty in adolescence or other changes in hormonal balance such as in pregnancy for women or menopause. Pimples break out when dirt and oil clog the underlying skin pores and inflammation occurs. This forms the noticeable bump on your face. Over the counter acne remedies are plentiful in the pharmacies but if you do not make the right choice, this could lead to side effects and more inflammation, dryness and irritation. Natural ingredients prove to be the best such as sea salt, orange peel and homemade scrubs.
Some tips before consider Best face wash for Acne
The best face wash for acne is able to remove the dirt deep within the pores and keep your face clean from future breakouts. Stay away from rough face soaps that suck the natural, useful oils out of your skin. Harsh cleansers only irritate your skin further. When looking for a face wash or cleanser to fight acne, here are tips to consider
- Find a cleanser to matches your type of skin – oily, dry of medium.- Choose a gentle, alcohol-free cleanser.- If using medicated cleanser, look for ones containing the ingredients – salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide sodium or sulfacetamide. Benzoyl peroxide acts as an exfoliant and kills unwanted bacteria. Salicylic acid clears clogged pores and reduces inflammation and redness. Sodium sulfacetamide prevents and interferes with growth of bacteria.
- Look for cleansers that keep your skin not only clean but also hydrated. For example emollients such as mineral oil and lanolin, or humectants such as glycerin contain the crucial moisture in your skin pores. Exfoliants (alphahydroxy acids) smooth damaged and scared areas.
- It is important to try different combinations of methods when choosing the best face wash for acne. If something does not work for you, discontinue it immediately. If you already have dry skin, stay away from face wash cleansers that contain antibacterial properties because this will only dry out your skin to a higher degree.
- To really remove all the dirt and oil from your skin, let the soap of cleanser work for at least 2 minutes, half of the time rubbing in a circular motion and the other half letting it sit on your face before washing off. Make sure to exfoliate every few days to clean dead skin cells. For those with extreme acne, consider purchasing a toner which helps in restoring your nature skin pH for a natural glowing effect.
Change your lifestyle will help you stay away from Acne
Further lifestyle tips that can help prevent acne breakouts include:
- Drinking enough water which helps removes toxins from the body and skin.
- Do not touch your face too much with oily hands as this puts more dirt on your face and hinders the results of the best face wash for acne.
- Eat a balanced diet with naturally occurring vitamins and minerals and healthy oils that helps to improve your skin complexion.
- Remove unhealthy stress from your life because stress leads to skin disorders and more acne.
- Make sure to exercise, adding to a more healthy body and improved skin.
- Get enough sleep which reduces stress. And lastly, do not pop the pimples your already have. Popping pimples allows the bacteria to spread to other skin areas and grow, not only to mention that popping scars your skin.
Best Face Wash for Acne: In Conclusion
Once you have used the best face wash for acne, there is more work to be done in the future prevention of more breakouts. Continue your cleansing routine for thirty days or more because acne can return. Everyone goes through the stage of acne but if you stick to your routine, you will be able to walk out of that door with confidence.